Wednesday, April 15, 2009

smARTworks Cookie Challenge

I've been trying to NOT buy any Copics. I have lots of ways to color my images and really quite like watercoloring with my ink pads! But, the other day, I had dropped in to a local art store...and there they were...calling out to me!! "buy me, buy me" they said. So, I did!! LOL. I decided to use them to color in the image that Susan sent us for the smARTworks Cookie Challenge. Don't you just love these wonderful flowers!! I do. They totally remind me of Mayflowers...which is the Nova Scotia provincial flower. I remember once being out in the woods with my parents and coming across some. We picked them (at the time I did not know we were not supposed to ... oops!). I don't ever remember seeing them ever again!! In my memory...they were a beautiful pink....just like these LOL~

The set is called Grow On. Susan made me laugh because she invisioned the flowers in this set to be blue...but every one of us did them in pink!! You can see all of the Cookie samples HERE!

And speaking of the smARTworks catty....have you seen the new releases that Susan just added??!! You have to go see them HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE!! I am so excited!! Here are the marker colors I used. Let me tell you, using these babies takea practice!!! I used the Peacock Blue Prismapencil color pencil for the background. I also used up a bunch of scrap that I have laying around!! Various pinks and greens!! I think they really 'pop' with the black. Thanks for dropping in to visit! Donelda

5 comments:

Pauline said...

It's beautiful. I'm nervous about using watercolours but just might give it a try :o)

Susan Raihala said...

You brave woman! Taking the copic plunge. Your coloring is beautiful and so is the card!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

I've been resisting Copics too but heard about some other alcohol markers that were on closeout at oozak.com (Neopiko-2) for $1, so I decided on those, and then after all that looking decided the ones they had left in open stock weren't in my typical color palette and went with a larger set instead - still $1.57 a marker is a waaaaaaaaay more reasonable alternative. Sorry to further enable... heh heh!!

Juanita said...

FAbulous work on the card. Congrats on your new Copics.

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful flowers, Donelda! Watch out for those Copics, though -- they are addictive!!