Saturday, April 25, 2009

April Blog Hop - Timeless Template Creation

That's right, it is Papertrey Ink Blog Hop time again!! This time, Nichole asked us to create a project using one of the Timeless Templates, that are created by Lauren Meader.
Well, I haven't purchased one yet, but there are a few free templates on the PTI site that you can check out HERE. I decided to go with the Recipe Wrap Up!
But, you certainly don't have to use it for recipes....the possibilities are endless. I decided to cut mine down and make it a speciality tea holder since my mom loves tea. I thought I might include it in her Mother's day present.
I printed the template onto the cardstock, cut it out, and folded it. Then, I added the tulip stamping onto the cardstock. I then decorated the front, added the decorated pockets, and finally inserted the tea packets.
I wanted to stamp "enjoy" and was excited to find this lovely one in an old but wonderful set, Spiral Bouquet. I have not used this set enough and must pull it out more!! I'm trying to get my mom to try some different tea's because I think she might like them, if she gave them a try!! I have another 'tea' project I'm going to make for her as well, so stay tuned.
Okay, now I'm off to see what all the other bloggers were up to with Lauren's templates! Enjoy!! Supplies: Stamps-Wishing You, Spiral Bouquet, Beyond Basics Border (all Papertrey Ink); Cardstock - Select White, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avacado (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate chip, Close to Cocoa (Stampin; Up!); Other - Raspberry Fizz satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink), oval scallop die (Spellbinders).
Thanks for dropping in for a visit!! Donelda

36 comments:

Lori said...

What a great gift idea for a tea lover!

Allison Cope said...

Fabulous use of the template Donelda! Love the pretty paper you used!

Natasha said...

Wow! This is awesome. I love the cut-down version of the template! It really works nicely as a tea holder!

Erin said...

What a great idea!! I love it!

AKiteFlier said...

Very cute project - nice work! I'm sure your mom will enjoy trying different teas.

Janelle said...

Good idea to cut the template down for a new size. Don't you just love the versatility?!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love how you stamped the background on the front. Great project!

Kevin Renz said...

Very, very cute... and I love the tea idea.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun colors!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Beautiful project!

Vicky said...

this is just too cool - love the colors, stamps, everything!

Lauren (mytime) said...

My favorite set! Love your version with the tea!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is a beaute!

Regan said...

soo stinking cute!

peggysue said...

Very pretty with the little tulips, I like the colors.

Cindy H. said...

I love the colors you chose. And a tea holder is a fabulous gift idea.

Marge said...

Totally beautiful!!!

Deanna said...

So pretty Donelda! love the color combo!

Betsy V said...

Great project! Great minds think alike...*wink* :-)

Deena said...

I love how you adapted it to fit the teabags! Very cute.

KellyMB said...

So cute! I am doing a tea theme for Mother's Day as well!

Susan said...

So pretty!!

ljurecek said...

Oooo! What a great project. Love the natural colors you used.

BethieJ said...

This is DARLING! I love that you cut it down... such a cute idea!!

Diane said...

Great job! I'm sure your mom will love it!

*kathleen* said...

great idea.

Courtney Baker said...

What a great idea! It's always a good idea to make things pretty when you are trying to get your mom to try things (well atleast for me). :)

Ally said...

What a pretty gift! That paper looks perfect!

Dana Gustafson said...

This is a sweet project. You are so right, that "enjoy" looks perfect here!

Terri said...

Great idea! I am definitely going to give this a try now too. Thanks for the inspiration. Hope your mom enjoys the tea too.

Unknown said...

Lovely! Great use for this template! :)

mamaliu said...

How creative! Good idea to cut it down for your needs.

Deb said...

beautiful, great idea!
Have a great sunday! Debx

Kathleen said...

Nice job~ I love that template! You did a lovely job on it!

Jessica G. said...

What a fun idea for this template! And great idea for mom, too. I may just have to borrow that one for Mother's Day!

Babies-Beth said...

Donelda, what a graet idea this was! Just about anything can go into those pockets with very little altering of the template! wow!!