Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blueberry Thank yous!

These are not my own ideas...the credit belongs to Lauren Meader who is a brilliant crafter!! If you haven't spent any time on her blog you must!! You will not be dissapointed at all. So, she showed THIS awesome project on her blog and I decided I had to copy it. You see, blueberries are one of my all time favorites!! Growing up, I lived next door to the 'Blueberry Capital of the World'. I raked blueberries when I was a kid for a summer job. Now, talk about hard labour!! I've never done anything so hard in all my life. So, you can see that I had to copy these awesome blueberries for myself. I didn't have the specific stamps that Lauren used so I rooted around to see what I did have. I used a circle stamp from my Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Blooms and a little leaf from the Out on a Limb Addition set. I did a bit of the rock and roll technique on the blueberries to give them some variation in color. And I also did a lot of stamping off....as Lauren had done on her project! I made the A2 size card first using some of that great blue gingham paper. Then, I tried to create another card with a different "look" but I just liked that gingham paper so well with the blueberries that I just couldn't do it!! So, the round card was created!! Supplies: Stamps: Green Thumb, Beautiful Blooms, Out on a Limb Addition set (all Papertrey Ink); Ink-Ballet Blue, Buckaroo Blue, Old Olive (all Stampin' Up!); Paper - Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), designer paper (Making Memories); Other - Sewing Maching, black thread, black organdy ribbon and blue satin ribbon (Michaels), Coluzzle, round nestabillities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug (Provocraft). Thanks for dropping in to visit! Donelda

5 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Donelda, these are both beautifully adorable cards! I love how you improvised the blueberries...pulling the leaves from Out on a Limb was brilliant!

Pauline said...

Pretty cards, it all works together beautifully :o)

Juanita said...

How darling. .
You have a real winner here with this pair of cards.

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

Totally cute card!!! Those blueberries are delicious!

Jessica G. said...

These are beautiful, Donelda! Those crisp colors and gingham remind me of summer days!