Tuesday, April 28, 2009

smARTworks - Earth has no sorrow

Sympathy cards are one of those things....right, the ones we hate to make but need them. Well, I always try to keep some on hand so that I don't have to make one when I am so sad. This card was made with a smARTworks stamp set called Purpose Small. It has some great to make these cards easier to create. It does also have some birthday sentiments which makes it pretty versatile. This card is made with the dryer sheet technique. You stamp the image in a dark color, then adhere a used dryer sheet over top. Finally you sprinkle some dazzling diamonds on top to make it all glittery. The glitter just gets stuck into the dryer sheet!! The glitter is a bit hard to see but if you click on the second picture for a close up it might be more visable.
Supplies: Stamps (Purpose Small (smARTworks); Cardstock-Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)brown (Cactus Pink); Ink-Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); Ohter-used dryer sheet, dazzling diamonds (Stampin' Up!).
Thanks for dropping in!!
Donelda

3 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Gack! this makes me wish I used dryer sheets. Might have to ask my mom to save them for me, LOL!

Beautiful card!

Jessica G. said...

What a perfect image to use with the dryer sheet technique -- it's gorgeous on its own, but even softer with this technique. Such an elegant card!

Juanita said...

What a fabulous card.
I have 2 dryer sheets left (since I use those crazy ball things) I may have to give this a whirl.