Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wish

My friend, Dawn, and I had made valentines with our sons classess at school. It was a lot of fun...but it meant that there was a ton of scrap from all the cutting. So, you know me, I need to use it up! I maid a little dent in the scrap by using these five 1" squares of the pink! I took a 1" strip of this pink color (almost exactly the same color as Berry Sorbet) and made them into 1" squares. Rounded the corners and added a black leaf on each one. Added the sentiment, some other Papertrey Ink papers, and some ribbon and it became a great scrap card!!
What scraps have you used lately??
Supplies: Stamps-Texted Box (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Basic Black (Stampin' Up!), Paper-berry sorbet-like color (unknown), Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink), Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Other - corner rounder, ribbon (Michaels).
Thanks for dropping in. Donelda

3 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Oh my! This card is beautiful! What a clever use of scraps. Hmm. What can I do with my scraps? Off to ponder....

Juanita said...

You are so fantastic with your scraps. This did not jump out and say 'leftovers' to me. It just looked like spring.

Chris (catt871) said...

Very pretty colours!!!!! You are so brave to make Valentine's with kids - I just let mine create on their own!!! LOL