Saturday, February 7, 2009

Love - CPS Sketch 102

This is the current CPS sketch #102. I decided to play along with the urging of Nichole Heady. Not sure what ... but if Nichole says to play along then I'm there!!! The sketch gave me the opportunity to create the last valentine I need to make, one for my husband. I started out making the designer paper for the heart. On a piece of vanilla cardstock I punched the fancy square shape from Alli Miles' Wedding Day stamp set sold by Papertrey Ink. Then, I punched out a heart! I then set to work adding my other elements...a little lace, some velvet black ribbon, and buttons! Have I mentioned how much I love buttons!! Well, I do. I found 3 that went well with the colors of the card. Of course I had to add some doodling around the red cardstock panel and the heart itself. It just makes an element feel "finished" to me...a bit of a signature element I guess.
Finished the card off with a lovely sentiment - "All things grow with love". I really like how the font for the word love is different. It really makes it stand out!! Supplies: Stamps-Wedding Day, Garden of Life (Papertrey Ink); Ink-Cranberry Crisp, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!); Paper-Very Vanilla, Cranberry Crisp(Stampin' Up!); Other-heart punch (Marvy), cream flat cluny edge or lace (Wrights), black velvet ribbon (Michaels), black marker (Zig), buttons (various from my stash), black thread. Thanks for dropping in again tonight!! Donelda

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo that's really pretty, I love the vintage colours. :oD

Anonymous said...

I love the way you used Guidelines on your heart and such pretty vintage looking trim!

Pearl said...

great take on the sketch ! lovely !

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful vintage card! I thought your doodling was real stitching -- such a perfect touch for this theme. And I love those buttons!!

Chris (catt871) said...

CUTE!!!! I love the velvet ribbon - so luxurious!!!!! I have left you an award on my blog!!!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely! I need to use buttons more! That will be my project today! Thanks!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous Donelda, love that trim!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, I love it your DH will also ;)

Kathryn said...

GORGEOUS -- Love those buttons and the lace is so very pretty! :)

Lauree said...

my goodness that heart is fabulous. what a great idea! love the card!

Anonymous said...

Donelda - I just love how you made the pattern for the heart, and of course the buttons just add so much sweet detail.

Kelly L said...

OH really lovely. I love the colors and vintage feel. I am sure he will appreciate it too. :) Kel

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! I love the trim you used! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~lea

Juanita said...

I haven't been by in a few days, you have so many amazing creations.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

OH this is sooooo pretty! I love the buttons...what a great touch!

~amy~ said...

such a pretty card...love the crocheted trim!

Linda Beeson said...

Great card - love what you did with the CPS sketch.