Monday, February 23, 2009

smARTworks- Tag Key

Well, this tag was totally inspired by guess who.....the one and only t!m holtz (he types his name that way on his blog and I think it is too cool...makes me wish I had an I in my name!!). I started out by making my own tag using Very Vanilla cardstock. Then, I sponged on some various Distress Inks. Then, my favorite part, I let some waterdrops drip onto the tag to make an awesome background. Once that was dry, it was stamping time. Using Walnut Stain Distress Ink, I stamped on these great keys and keyhole (which I just realized is upside down...drat, didn't even think of that or notice it earlier!!) as well as that great sentiment. They are a set from smARTworks seen HERE. I wanted to tie in the 'heart' so I created this
heart embellishment. I drew and cut out a heart shape from more vanilla cardstock. Then, sponged the same blue color onto it. Next, I took the hinge image from the same stamp set and stamped the swirly portion onto the heart. Finally, I outlined the heart using my gold pen. I finihsed off the tag by sponging more walnut stain around the edges, adding some raffia and attached the heart with dimensionals for pop! Don't forget about the smARTworks tea party on Wednesday!! If you'd like to join us for tea you are welcome!! Just follow the sketch layout shown on THIS post and add some metal too! You can use any stamps, just make sure you come and have some fun!! Post a comment to any of the Design Team's blogs so we can go and see it!! Supplies: Stamps - Lock and Key (smARTworks); Paper - Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up!); Ink - Walnut Stain, Tea Stain, Broken China, Faded Jeans (Distress Ink from Ranger), Other - Jute (from a friend), sponge, gold marker (Pilot), 1/4" hole punch. See you on Wednesday! Donelda

2 comments:

Juanita said...

You did a super job. Everything you do looks so 'professional' and as my DH would say 'store bought'

Jessica G. said...

Wow, girl! You are perfecting the Tim Holz style -- this tag is awesome! I really like how the inks contrast and the waterdrop effect is so vintage. Great combination of images, too!