Sunday, February 8, 2009

More Scrap Cards - Chris' Scrap!

My friend Chris and I like to swap scraps from our scrap bin to see what we can make with each others' scraps!! If you are a regular reader, you might remember that last week I decided to go through my scrap bin and use up some of that delicious stuff. I guess it got Chris inspired because she decided to send me a bunch of her crap....oops, I mean scrap!! Looky what she sent!! (Hey Chris, I actually remembered to photograph the scrap before I started using it!!). I laughed out loud when I opened the package because inside I found this white scallop item. Hehehe, it is actually a drink coaster from a close by hotel .... and I have a matching pair in my own scrap bin!! Hahahaha!!!! Anyway....believe it or not, I made 6, SIX, six cards out of this stuff!! It was all so yummy that I just couldn't stop playing!!
Here are the first two cards. Well, actually they are called "scraplings". I saw this idea first from Shari Carroll. She uses the cutoff portion from turning regular A2 cards into square cards. There is a 1 1/2" portion that gets cut off and I love the size. Inchies fit perfectly onto it!! If you scroll down on THIS post, you will see another of my scrapling cards - the red velvet butterfly card.
Anyway, I decided to use the mult-polka dotted paper for these scraplings. I punched a bunch of 1" squares out, mounted them onto 1 1/4" squares of black cardstock and adheared them to the scraplings. Then, using Paptertrey Ink's Mixed Messages stamp set, I added some small sentiments. You can see them better in this close-up. I love these little scrapling cards!! My new fav size to work with!
Next up was to use these wonderfully masculine looking scraps. I decided to make a few 3x3 cards with this. As I searced through my stamps, I found these two images that felt masculine enough to go with the papers. Both images are from smARTwork sets and both sentiments are from Papertrey Ink. The little grasshopper is cut out...and let me tell you it took a while to get that done!! Sheesh!!
Next up I wanted to use the scallop circle (aka drink coaster LOL!). I decided to also use the lovely blue ribbon that was included with the package. I pulled out my Upsy Daisy set from Stampin' Up! because it was one of those "must haves" that I've barely used!! I decided that Pomegrante would go great with that blue and I like the results. I was going to put a border of pomegrante behind the inside focal circle but it was "too much" so, instead, I used the circle that I had cut out as a template to do my faux stitching around the scallop circle. :D Love it when things just go well!!
And last but not lease, I decided to use the last 2 itty bits of scrap - the orange and blue strips with polka dots in a different way. This card uses all scraps from Chris and my own scrap bin. the stitching is holding on a layer of clear plastic -- from on top of my PTI stamps...you know that piece that comes on top and we throw it away...don't do that any more!! Use it!! So, I grabbed some matching ribbon from my ribbon scrap jar and turned to the great Alli Miles for inspriation .. see her card HERE (ETA - I looked and looked and looked and couldn't find the post where Alli showed this card, so I've just added the picture of it. I was saved to my computer and then posted on this post so I hope I am not using bandwidth or whatever!! ). I layed out the scrap and ribbon, covered it with the clear plastic sheet and stitched it together using my sewing machine!! Then I added the doodle around the white piece (which was also in my scrap bin and added the sentiment and a big matching button!! I love the result!!
Can't put all the product info in here but most is in my very lengthy blabbing...ask if you want to know what anything is!! :D
Thanks for dropping in.
Donelda

3 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

SIX CARDS?????? You are a machine!!! You did an amazing job with my crap - LOVE LOVE LOVE all of them - that grasshopper looks soooo real!!!!! The coaster was from the Fairmont Plaza Hotel in Calgary that tim & I stayed at last May - I took them all hoping to do something with them too..LOL...funny!!!!! AWESOME JOB girl!!!! Thanks for sharing them all!!!

Jessica G. said...

You are so clever, or maybe I should say 'creatively clever'! Amazing job, even if I didn't know you made these cards from scraps. My favorite is the daisy card, most likely because I'm so into the silhouettes now. The ribbon card is wonderful, and the most intriguing are the scrapling cards -- I definitely need to try those!!

Juanita said...

EEK! These are amazing. I don't know if I could pick out my favorite card. As I scrolled down, I just kept seeing more and more beautiful creations. You are amazing!