Sunday, February 22, 2009

Loonie Stamper Challenge 28 - Kraft and Pink

So Regan picked the challenge this week for the Loonie Stampers Challenge#28. She wanted us to use Kraft and at least one of the 3 Papertrey Ink pinks! But the twist is -- no ribbon!! What, no ribbon??!! Well, honestly, I'd totally forgotten about that part when I made my Scrapling. And added some twill....but twill isn't really ribbon...is it?? Hehehehe!! I just have to get better at reading these challenges :D
So, here is my card (well, actually a Scrapling - see THIS link for more details). I generally make smaller sized projects for these challenge because...gasp...I am almost totally out of PTI paper!!! Only a few scraps of each color left!! I really have to put in an order!!
I printed off the sample Raspberry Fizz paper that Nichole supplied and used a few pieces of that as well as a little strip of my "home-made" variety. Then, added the button, hemp, and counterband twill. Finally, I added the sentiment with Chocolate Chip ink. But I twisted it a bit when placing it on the acrylic block so it followed the flower's edge...one of my favorite reasons why I love acrylic stamps!!!
Now, off to see what the other Loonies have created with this awesome combo:
Thanks for dropping in.
Donelda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Donelda this is awesome! And I wish I had put ribbon on mine too so good for you!! I love the scrapling idea and have been meaning to try it one of these days.

~~~running out of PTI paper? Oh the horror. Our last combined order was 32lbs and mostly paper goodness. Still waiting for it though. haha.

Regan said...

its perfect donelda!!!! I love that you're back playing with us!

Deanna said...

what a neat idea... the scrapling! Love it and your card and I think you are right, twill is no necessarily ribbon! Wished I had thought of that... lol!

Thanks for playing friend and get ordering that paper! Although I don't think you will need it for next week! wink

Jessica G. said...

Great color combo, but NO ribbon?? I couldn't do it! These scraplings are so fun, Donelda -- I need to try them, especially considering how big my scrap pile has grown!

Anonymous said...

Now this is wicked, what a great job on the card! I love seeing what you come up with for our challenge, Thanks for that!