Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wooden Heart in Blue

Here I am trying out another color combination with the Papertrey Ink color Ocean Tides. This time I combined it with Berry Sorbet, Black, Kraft, and white. I like it too!! Okay, maybe I just had to use it!! This is another card made using some of my PTI paper scraps (I hate to throw any of that paper away!!) See the heart! That was so much fun to make! I got the inspiration from Kristina Werner's blog when I saw her making THIS card. The heart stamp is a current one from Stampin' Up! but I decided to create my own. I cut a negative mask (I cut the heart out and used the rest of the post it note), stuck it to some white scrap paper, then stamped my Designer Woodgrain stamp (Hero Arts) on top. Then, after removing the mask, I simple cut the heart out leaving a bit of a white border. I love the results and created a bunch more as embellishments to use later. One final interesting note, I don't own a ton of Papertrey Ink buttons (only brown, black and cream). But I took my BG18 Copic marker (which is very close to Ocean Tides) and colored in a plain white button! I love that option with the Copic markers!! Supplies: Stamps - Designer Woodgrain (Hero Arts), Birds of a Feather (Papertrey Ink); Ppaer - Kraft, white (SU!), Berry Sorbet, Ocean Tides (Papertrey Ink), black small dots (Making Memories); Ink - Ocean Tides (Papertrey Ink), Jet Black (Ranger); Other - large scallop scissors (Provo Craft), post it note, button, marker BG18 (Copic), hemp, white crochet thread, dimensionals. Thanks for dropping in again!! I hope you are enjoying your week! Donelda

No comments: