Monday, March 15, 2010

Use Those Products!

That's right! One of my crafting New Year's Resolutions was to use up the many, many products I have on hand. That is exactly what I did for these 2 cards.
This first card I used this great piece of patterned paper from ---. I has the dots on one side and is divided into 4 designs on the back side; the orange, that blue with spots, a brown, and another dot that I didn't use. As well, I used one of these adorable embellishments from Colorbok. It is from thier Friendly Forest line (and I got them for a bargain when they went on sale at my local Michael's).

For this second card I really, really wanted to use a sheet from the Journaler's Notebook from Creative Imaginatgions that I bought probably 3 years ago!! That's right, had to have it and haven't used a bit of it since .... until now!!! I tore out this sheet that is off white with the green hello and cut out a circle with my Coluzzle. Then I added it to some Orange Zest cardstock (Papertrey Ink) with a strip of orange dots (BasicGrey).

You will note that there is NO STAMPING on either of these cards. Wow, now that is not like me at all!!!

Thanks for dropping in! I hope you have a great day!!

Donelda

2 comments:

Trish D said...

These are both super cute! I'm not really an orange fan, but that hello card is fantastic.

I can't believe how many non-stamped (or single sentiment) cards I've made lately, either! Of course my tendency to stamp everything is exactly why those papers haven't been touched in years (although I just *had* to have 'em :)

Juanita said...

Both of these are stunning, but that orange one is a cheery little number, for sure!