Saturday, March 20, 2010

Loonie Stamper's Challenge #84 - Die Cut Apple

So this card has been long in the making. I've had this awesome card saved in my "inspiration" file for over a year now and I've yet to be inspired by it! It is from the very talented Claire Brennan who owns Waltzing Mouse Stamps. I particularly loved the verigated greens stamped on the white and the shamrock popped up on top. So, when I saw that the latest Loonie Challenge was to use Die Cuts I decided to use Claire's card as my inspiration!! The card is pretty straight forward. I decided not to pop up the white panel but rather put a large red panel on a white card base. I also liked how Claire's shamrock had the white around it so after punching out my apple, I adhered it to a piece of scrap white cardstock and cut around it! (I am hoping that this punched out shape will be sufficient for a 'die' as I am low on those. ETA - now that I've gone back and checked the Loonie girls blogs I realize I could have used any of my Nestabilities....who knew!) Supplies: Stamps - Guide Lines, sentiment - Teacher's Apple (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Queue Chalk Inks (ColorBox); Paper - Pure Poppy, Select White (Papertrey Ink); Other - apple punch (Martha Stewart), Memory Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), dimensionals. Now I can go look at what the Loonie girls all did. I often refuse to look before creating my card so I don't subconsciously copy what I've seen but create something original. Char, Dee, Wendy, Regan, Jewels, Maria Thanks for stopping in to my little corner of blogland!!! Have a great evening!! Donelda

6 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

AMAZING! And great cutting around that punched apple, cause I really thought you had a die for multiple sizes of an apple!

Steph said...

Fantastic card!

Regan said...

aaaah...so totally cute

Juanita said...

I love your take on Claire's card.
I think you really rocked the challenge. You also put your own personal touch on the design.

Anonymous said...

You at least had good die's, all I had were Nesty's!!! I Love them all, the St Patty's Day one is so cute! I haven't looked at Waltzing Mouse Stamps but have been seing alot of them being used. Will have to check it out! Well done girl!

Deanna said...

Oh I love the layout of these Donelda! They turned out beautiful!