Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saturday Spotlight - Blue Topaz

So this week's challenge at Saturday Spotlight is to use our birthday colors. Well, aparently mine is Topaz Blue! Now, I'm not totally sure what exact color that is so I decided to just go with the flow!! I used a piece of Madagasgar Mint paper (from BasicGrey's Marrakech collection) and heat embossed this awesome image (from smARTworks). Added a sentiment, some half pearls, and some wide grosgrain ribbon and the card is complete! A Clean and Simple card!! It was such a blast to make that I pulled out a piece of Mandarin Slice paper (also from Marrakech - BasicGrey) and did it all over again!! Supplies: Stamps - SBO Cookie Plate #2 - Vintage Variety (smARTworks), Birthday Basics (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Jet Black (on blue card), Chocolate Chip (on orange card); Paper - Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), Madagasgar Mint and Manadrin Slice (BasicGrey); Other - white embossing powder, half pearls (K&Co.), brown rhinstones (Me and My Big Ideas), wide grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey INk).
Thanks for dropping in today!! I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!
Donelda

9 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Yowzer! These are jaw-droppingly pretty!

Donna said...

These are both gorgeous, Donelda, but the blue one is giving me palpitations! Wow!

Lindsey said...

These are both gorgeous!

Darlene said...

Both cards are GORGEOUS!! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight. Hope to see you again next time!

Steph said...

Beautiful cards, lovely design.

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous cards, Donelda! Clean and SO elegant! The white embossed image on the distressed background gives such a perfect vintage feel and the ribbon and pearls add to the overall classy feel. Thanks for playing in this week's Spotlight challenge!!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Now these are both just GORGEOUS!! The colors I think you've done up perfectly!! WOW!! I love the elegant image off the side too!! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!!HUGS

Juanita said...

I am just going crazy with how much I love these cards. I never have the right DP to pull this sort of thing off.
You may be a genius.

Deb (dcorder) said...

Just gorgeous Donelda! I love that image!