Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Card Reveal Countdown - Day 6

Hello and welcome to the 6th day of my Christmas Card countdown!! Today's card is another recycled card. There are actually a few items recycled on this card. See that beautiful red and gold strip (click on it to see it better, the red is actually velvety and the gold has an awesome swirly pattern in it) it comes from a card we recieved for Christmas last year. The velvet and gold were just too pretty to throw away!! And those gold pointsettia's actually came from a co-worker's mother. Apparently they were trying to do some early down-sizing and came across all these gold embelishments and my friend thought I could use them on some cards. You can be sure that she will be recieving one of these cards for Christmas so she can see how beautiful they look!! And, while I'm pretty sure they weren't supposed to be pointsettia's, I think they fit the role perfectly!! What do you think?? I hope you are enjoying the countdown. I'll see you tomorrow for day 7. Donelda

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Way to re-use those embellies! I can definitely tell why you couldn't toss them because they make gorgeou accents on these elegant cards. The poinsettias give the cards a vintage feel while I'll bet the ribbons make them touchably soft!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, these are really beautiful!

Juanita said...

I am always in awe of what you make out of the 'cast-offs' from other crafters. You have a great eye for seeing the usefulness of a scrap or embellishment,