Monday, December 28, 2009

Brown Circle Hello

ETA - Hehehe, I didn't even realize that this card has the same layout as yesterday's card!! It is a great clean and simple layout!! I saw THIS awesome card by StamperJen0 on SCS and I instantly fell in love with it!! At the same time, I saw a card that used a circle mask to create an interesting image. I didn't have the stamp that Jen used on her card so I decided to use the masking circle idea to create my own circle image. This image is actually the pineapple from Papertrey Ink's First Fruits set. I figured out that one of my circle punches was exactly the same width as the pineapple. So I stamped the pineapple in 2 different colors of ink and then punched them out with a larger circle punch -- getting the nice white outline. The sentiment "hello" is in the lower right corner but it is difficult to see. Any ideas how to fix that?? Maybe I'll add a small white word punch with the sentiment in it. Thanks for dropping in!! Donelda

2 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Wow, I can see why Jen's card inspired you...your take is wonderful!

Juanita said...

I really like how you masked and punched to give a very fresh look to a stamp already in your collection.
It is a fabulous card.