Friday, August 21, 2009

Tin Foil Luck

So it is Friday and that means the Loonie girls set another challenge! I like to play along because being Canadian, I consider myself a little Loonie too!! And they are really nice gals!!
So today they truely proved they were as loonie as get out!! It was Maria's turn to pick a challenge and she picked "aluminum foil". That's right... can you believe it!! Now what in the world am I going to do with tin foil?? As soon as I read it, I started to laugh because waaaaay back when I first started visiting Splitcoaststampers there was a thread that was to share your ugliest card. Well, there were a lot of ugly cards but the one that was ultimately the ugliest was this one made with tin foil!! It was UUUUUUGGGGGLLLLYYYYY (I'm not being mean, the creator herself openly admitted that it was an ugly card and we all had a good laugh over it!!).
Anyway, I pulled out my cuttlebug and a small folder and embossed the tinfoil (that was attached to some cardstock). Then I punched it out with a 1" circle punch. I like the look of it, kinda like a medallion. I decided to create this "scrapling" card (You might remember THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS, and THIS scrapling - yes, I enjoy making this size). I added this teeny tiny "luck" sentiment which is actually one word of a sentiment (good luck) in the Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink) set. I like it with the medallion and the colors...kinda oriental looking.
Now I can hardly wait to go see what all those Loonie girls did with this one!!
Have a great evening!
Donelda

9 comments:

Steph said...

I love your card and your colour combo is striking!

Charlene Austin said...

Oh Donelda ~~~ you are amazing. This is just wicked! Love it, girl and thanks for playing!!

Susan Raihala said...

WOW! You really made the best of a challenging challenge! I remember that thread about the ugly cards, too, and the tinfoil one is seared in my brain. Until that thread, tinfoil had been on the back burner of my creative mind, but that thread kept my roll in the kitchen and out of my craft room.

Your card is really pretty!

Regan said...

oooh..love this one Donelda..so simple but so stunning!

maria fiscella said...

I love it! So clean, great colors...perfect design:)

Anonymous said...

You are too sweet saying those things about us but girl, you are an honourary Loonie, don't you worry! And this rocks, I love it! Might be my fave so far actually! Wait till next week...I picked the colours!!

Juanita said...

I loved what Maria did with her card and I love how you rocked the challenge too. The colors you chose are so strong that they really help balance the foil. Great work.

Jessica G. said...

Your foil accent turned out beautiful, Donelda, and it's just the right amount of metal shine for this elegant card!

Deanna said...

Ack I love it! So simple and beautiful! I can't believe you played, it was tin foil... lol!