Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Clean and Simple (CAS) Challenge 26 - Stitching

Another Monday, another Clearn and Simple (CAS) challenge!! This time, Jen wanted us to use stitching on our cards. That is an easy one for me as I love the home-spun feel of stitching on a card. I pulled out one of my favorite stamp sets from Stampin' Up called All Through the Year (it might be retired, I'm not sure). I used my markers on the images and stamped them onto some white cardstock. Then, I used my sewing machine and some white thread and stitched all around the image. I loved how they turned out but then I was totally stumped on what to do with them. I ended up creating 3 different layouts. On this acorn image, I used the CAS25 challenge layout. I really like how the Basic Grey paper (which was in my scrap bin) went nicely with the image. For the cherries, I simply added the strip of K&Co. paper and popped the image up on dimensionals. Finally, the leaf image needed a bit more since it was more simplistic being only one color. I really had this pinking sheer idea in my head and thought about using it on all the images but I really liked it best with this leaf image. A few polkadots on an additional strip of green to complete the layout. Supplies: Stamps- All Through the Year (Stampin' Up!), Polka Dot Basics, Mixed Messages and Limiteless Lables (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Garden Green, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Paper - Whisper White, Garden Green (Stampin' Up!), red stripe/polkadot (K&Co.), unknown brown scrap (Basic Grey - purchased long before I fell in love with these papers); Other - sewing machine, white thread, dimensionals, pinking sheers, Dark Chocolate twill (Papertrey Ink). So, what have you made lately that has some form of stitching?? and faux stitching always counts :D Thanks for dropping in! Donelda

3 comments:

Juanita said...

Supurb! I love how you made a little set of cards.

Jessica G. said...

Sweet set of cards, Donelda! The stitching adds just the right accent to these elegant beauties!!

Susan Raihala said...

What great cards! How fun that you made a set and experimented with layouts...they all turned out sweet!