Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Wishes from Santa

My husband and son bought this Stampin' Up Christmas set for me last year for a present. While it is always nice to recieve stamps for Christmas, it is always a bit bittersweet when they are Christmas stamps since I always know that I won't actually be able to use them until the following year!! So I wanted to make sure I pulled this set out to make some cards with them. I stamped the images (Santa and the tree are actually seperate but looked great together) with Adirondack black ink so I could watercolor the image. I used my ink pads and a regular paint brush. I find I have more control over the amount of ink and water that is used with a plain old paint brush vs. an aquapainter. Just my preference. I used my gold Pilot pen to color in Santa's buckle and the trimmings on the tree. I added some blue around the scene too. The rest of the card is pretty straight forward. You might not have noticed but I scored around the patterned paper. I saw this done by Dina and I really liked how it finishes it off!! Thanks for visiting. Donelda

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Those are super cute stamps! Great cards!

Susan Raihala said...

Yeah! And I was lucky enough to receive one of them! It's a beautiful card...excellent coloring, BTW, and the the scoring is a lovely finishing touch. Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Wow, very cute card! Your painting is perfect. I love that image, haven't seen it before, what a nice gift! :)

Kelly L said...

Wow, these are beautiful, Donelda!! I am always amazed with your watercoloring. I am terrible at it. :) Kel

Juanita said...

I have always like the art in that stamp set. I love the card you created!

Alley said...

What a nice card I wish I could color as great as you!