Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sweet Green Thumb

Here is another card that is inspired by Kristina and her blog kwernerdesign. She is amazing so if you don't check her blog everyday (like I do) you should go over there and check it out!! When I first became interested in Papertrey Ink stamps by Nicole Heady (also an increadible stamper whose blog I also check every day - go check it out!), I fell in love with the little grasshopper in the Green Thumb set. However, last night I realized that I've had the stamp since the middle of November and still had not even used it yet!! That is HORRIBLE so I immediately too him out and got to work! I started out with that awesome strip of green paper with vanilla polka dots. Believe it or not but I think it was the very first piece of designer paper I ever bought!! I remember because I was looking for pink and brown stripes for a certian card and that is what is on the back of this piece. Unfortunately, because I bought it so long ago, I have no idea who makes it. You can tell that I never throw out any paper no matter how small the piece is. You never know when you'll need just a tiny piece of something! Anyway, back to the card. I added some vanilla cardstock and made some black dots along the top edge. Then I stamped the grasshopper in celery ink and then added the celery colored ribbon along the left edge of the card. Finally, I added the sentiment "sweet baby". Since this is green, it would be usable for a baby boy or girl card. Supplies: Cardstock-Kraft (SU), Very Vanilla (SU), green (unknown); Ink-Certainly Celery, Basic Black (SU); Stamp-Green Thumb (Papertrey Ink), Fancy Flexible Phrases (SU); Accessories-ribbon (dollar bin at Michaels), 1" circle punch (SU), black marker. Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

JUST GORGEOUS DONELDA! THE LITTLE CRICKET IS JUST ADORABLE I CANT BELIEVE IT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO USE IT!...JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LET YOU KNOW ALSO THAT YOUR SUBSCRIBE IS WORKING PERFECT!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Tracey said...

I Love this card Donelda just gorgeous. I checked out your link to Kristinas blog and I will be visiting her blog alot too.
Back Soon:)

KellyS said...

Very nice! Makes me think of spring!! I will have to check out Kristina's blog too, thanks for posting it!