Thursday, January 3, 2008

Maya Road Red and Brown Birthday

I did this card for the Ways to Use it Challenge 147! Jacksonbelle was filling in for Julia and asked us to use FLOWERS. Well, I have the pack of Maya Road clear flowers but I tend to hoard them. So, I decided to pull them out and actually use them!!
This card was made for one of our twin neices. Although they are twins, they are actually quite different so I decided to make similar yet different cards for them. Here is one for Savanna who is a sporty gal!
I started out with the color combo of read and brown. I stamped the oval in Ruby Red and then added the sentiment inside with Chocolate Chip. Then I put this on a chocolate chip scallop oval that I punched using Robin's punch -- Robin was so sweet to share her punches with me to punch out a bunch. I then colored the Maya Road clear flower by using Ruby Red classic ink and my Stampin' Up dauber. I kinda wish I made it a bit darker now that I see how light it is when on the card. Once it was dried, I added a large brown brad.
The main part of the card is made by adding that awesome deep red piece of cardstock onto a vanilla base. Then I added a strip of Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. On the vanilla, I carried the stitching look from the oval which seemed to pull it together a bit.
Supplies: Cardstock-Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip (SU), Burgandy (unknown); Ink-Ruby Red and Chocolate Chip (SU), Stamps-Faux Ribbon, Borders & Corners {Oval} (Papertrey); Accessories-Clear Flowers (Maya Road), large brad (Dollar Store), Coluzzle oval, oval scallop punch (Marvy).
Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Hi there...Just to let you know that i added you to my SBS list. I know that we're not in the same group, but I try to say hello. please feel free to visit with me too. Love your blog...Wiggys world.

Kelly L said...

This is really pretty . . . love those colors. Great job, Donelda! :) Kel

Kristine said...

Those flowers are so cool. I've never used them. Looks awesome on here. :)

Keryn Campbell said...

Gorgeous card. Girly and sporty at the same time.