Thursday, January 10, 2008

Gloved Hello

I made this card for Julia's Ways to Use It challenge today at Splitcoaststampers!! She challenged us to use Leather on our cards!!
Well, coincidently enough, I just cut up an old leather purse since I got a new one for Christmas. I knew that leather would come in handy some day!!
The card is a 3x3. I am really enjoying that size these days!! The glove is colored in using Prisma Colorpencils and blended with odorless thinner (one brand name is Gamsol, hence the technique name "Gamsol Magic" over at SCS).
I sewed the strip of leather on with my sewing machine. I didn't realize it was going to be that difficult...but it was!!
Supplies: Cardstock-Whisper White and Real Red (SU); Ink-Basic Black (SU); Stamps-Toy Box (SU), Paper Tray (Papertrey Ink); Accessories-Leather (from my old purse), sewing machine and brown thread, Prisma Colorpencils, Odorless Thinner, blending stumps, black marker

3 comments:

laos348 said...

What a perfect stamp image to use with leather! Looks great.

Unknown said...

GREAT WAY TO USE UP THOSE LEATHER SCRAPS AS WELL,LOVE THE BASEBALL GLOVE IMAGE!

Unknown said...

Very cute! Great job with the challenge!!!