Sunday, January 6, 2008

Simple Design

I have been visiting Kristina's blog a lot lately which is called kwernerdesign. She has "Make a Card Mondays" where she videotapes herself making a card and then replays it in fast motion. It is great to see her pick and choose her way through making her card as that is exactly how I make cards too. She really has the most beautiful cards with a very specific style.
So, I replicated her style on this card. I love love love how she uses Kraft cardstock as the background to many of her cards! You see that awesome plaid designer paper. It is by Daisyd's and I have had it forever but I've never been able find the right matching cardstock to be able to use it. I grabbed it and some Old Olive cardstock and it went well with the kraft, I think.
See that background...I made it with one of the teeny tiny stamps that come with Papertrey Ink's Borders & Corners {Square} set. I used my cutting pad that has a grid and a ruler to get them placed somewhat evenly. It is done with Versamark so that it is a subtle background.
The sentiment is the stitched rectangle from Papertrey Ink's Borders & Corners {Rectangle}. I love those sets, they have so much versitility!! Inside, the sentiment is a Studio G design (one of those $1 stamps sets from Michaels). Both were stamped with Versamark and then embossed with white embossing powder. Finally, some white grosgrain ribbon tied across the plaid and voila, a finished card.
My best critic, my wonderful son, just informed me that it isn't the best card I've made but it is still a nice card. Wow, that is a great compliment!!
Supplies: Paper-Kraft cardstock (SU), Old Olive cardstock (SU), Birthday Plaid-Classic Purpla (daisyd's); Ink-Versamark (Tsukineko); Stamps-Borders & Corners {Square}, Borders & Corners {Rectangle} (Papertrey Ink), Thinking of you (Studio g); Accessories- white grosgrain ribbon (SU)
Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE THE PP YOU USED ON YOUR NEW CARD!