Monday, November 19, 2007

Yes, I scrapbook too!

Yes, I actually made a scrapbook page. It has been some time since I've done an actual, full-sized page. I started this whole papercraft journey making cards, then scrapbooking and now back to cards.


Well, today I found THIS post over at Splitcoaststampers and it enticed me to give it a try. Lisa's page was so beautiful, as was Nicole's. They made me want to try a page of my own. I'm not sure which challenge this page fits best with, Lisa's or Nicole's...... Anyway, here is what I ended up with:



I love the fancy designer pages that have images "moving" across the diagonal, like Bohemia or Basic Grey designer papers. So, I decided that the home-made designer paper I would make would be that kind of paper. I used the leaf stamp from Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Blossoms and stamped it across a piece of Whisper White (SU) cardstock. Then, I added some of the dotted leaf outlines to make it a bit more funky. Then, using Ballet Blue (SU), I made these funky flowers. I swiped the same colored ink pad on to the white portions to mimic the marbled effect of the flower in the picture. I added more of the leaves as home-made and matching embellishments!! Finally, I added some faux stitching and a title that was hand cut.


Thanks ladies for encouraging me to get a page done.


Thanks for visiting my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great scrapbook page (I am SO behind in my albums!), and what a great subject. Beautiful morning glories!