Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Apples and God

A number of weeks ago, I found out that I was the lucky winner of some Blog Candy from Dina Kowal's blog Mama Dini's Stamperia. I received the stamps a few days ago, all the way from Indonesia!! They are verse stamps from My Heart Stamps For You.
I really liked this one that reads "Anyone can count the seeds in an apple...but only God can count the apples in the seed" Wow, how cool is that!!
I wanted to use it right away and I knew I could pair it with this apple stamp from Year Around Fun 2 (SU). I popped over to Dina's site to let her know my stamps had arrived and found a link to this sketch challenge posted by Susan Trask from Smart Works.
Simple and clean card. Apples are stamped with Close to Cocoa, colored with prismacolor pencil crayons, shaded with grey pencil crayon for a shadow, faux stitching with Close to Cocoa marker all on Very Vanilla cardstock. Sentiment is stamped in Close to Cocoa on VV cardstock and matted with Mellow Moss. All this put on Ruby Red card front and the whole thing attached to a Mellow Moss card base.
If you'd like to try the sketch, post a link so I can check it out too!!
Thanks for visiting.

No comments: