Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sketch Challenge 149


I always like trying Roxie's sketch challenges on Splitcoaststampers. So I decided to give the Sketch Challenge 149 a try.
The whole card is based on that strip of ribbon in the middle. I got it from Michael's about 6 months ago and I have yet to use it. When I bought it, I thought it was so pretty that I had to have it ... so why don't I ever use it?? I have decided that I am not going to buy anything new until I use up some of what I already have!! So I was determined to get that ribbon on a card!
I checked the color with my cardstock and realized that it matched the Ballet Blue. I have not used this color yet out of the Rich Regal multi pack that I have. I wanted to create flower panels that matched the ribbon -- flowers with swirls. So, I pulled out my Beautiful Blooms set from Papertrey!! This cool flower (Nicole calls it her scribble flower) was just begging to be used so I grabbed the large and small scribble flowers. To make the squares, I used two different sized squares from the Borders and conrners {square} Papertrey set...I love those b&c sets!! I got 4 of the 5. I used black for that and then stamped the flowers randomly inside. I added a flower stem that I stuck to the block in a swirve to make the swirls like on the ribbon. I also stamped some of the large flower with versamark as a background for the ballet blue card base. Finally, I added some black photo corners to the larger image and pulled it all together.
Now I know why this color hasn't been used yet!! It was fun to make this card but I can't say I'm in love with it, that's for sure!!
Thanks for visiting.

No comments: