Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Coffee Cup Cards

Well, like I told you, I went to Calgary on Thursday and Friday for a conference. It was pretty good, but I've got to say, one of the most exciting parts of the conference was the coffee cups!! I know that sounds bizarre. You see, the little coffee shop was selling coffee in 3 different sizes and each size had the same styrofoam cup with a design on it but THE COLOR COMBINATIONS WERE DIFFERENT!!! I liked the combos for the small and medium but not really the large. And once I saw them, I new I'd have to make cards based on the design and colors. I only wish I'd been able to take a picture of the cups so you could see how cool it looked. So, the first color combination (small coffee) was a vanilla colored base with a burgandy strip along the top with leaves stamped in an off-white color. It totally made me think of stamping with bleach. Then, on the vanilla color base, some other leaves were stamped with a River Rock color. In the middle of that, there was some information in the same burgandy color as the stirp on top. So, here is my card version. As you can tell from the picture, the medium coffee cup used the following color combination: white, summer sun, and not quite navy. I actually like the burgandy and river rock combo the best! And I like how that bleaching took on the burgandy cardstock. Well, I hope you like my creations! If you like this combination of colors (either the large or the small) make your own card and leave a link in the comment section so I can see what you did with it! Thanks for visiting.

No comments: