Saturday, November 10, 2007

An Exercise in Masking

Well, this morning I was laying in bed, thinking about a card!! Don't laugh, I know you've done it before too!! What colors, where will I put the main image....you know the drill!!
A few things were going around my brain when I came up with this layout/design. First of all, I wanted to make a card for this weeks Card Positioning System (CPS #38). As well, I've been dying to use this leaf stamp from Papertray's Beautiful Blooms!! As anyone who's been visiting regularly, I am on a mission to use up things I already own (I'm on a "no buy" mission) and I realized that I haven't even opened my new Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up) ink pad yet. So, I decided to go with using my brown family! Finally, I decided that I really want to try making a card that consists of only stamping -- no layers. I felt certain I could achieve the results I was looking for byusin the MASKING and REVERSE MASKING techniques only!!
Well, here is the end result! It looks pretty close to what was in my head this morning.
Have you made a card using the masking techniques?? If so, please feel free to leave a comment and link to your creation - I'd love to see it!!
Supplies: Cardstock - Very Vanilla (SU), Ink - Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip (SU), Stamps - Beautiful Blooms, Faux Ribbon (Papertray), Accessories - daubers (SU), Post-It notes (3M).
Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

I just love your blog! Into my favorites you go! I am posting a link to two reverse masking cards I did for my club this month (the one with the leaves and the one with the trees. See if you like them.

http://understandblue.blogspot.com/2007/11/life-is-short-have-peppermint-patty.html

Pam Speidel said...

I'm so happy to have found your creative blog! I was viewing the entries in Beate's weekend sketch challenge and found your beautiful blue wreath card. I couldn't stop there and now I'm really loving your masked leaf card too! You've got skills girl! Thanks for sharing! Smiles, Pam :)