Saturday, August 9, 2008

Very Sentimental Anniversary Present!

I have spent almost a year working on this project! I wanted it to be perfect. (As well, I'm a bit of a procrastonator!! LOL). It will be going to my Mom and Dad in early October. I probably should wait until next year because that will actually be their 50th Wedding Anniversary, but my Dad is not healthy and I don't want to risk the chance of waiting for the year and having it not get to him at all!! So, it is a present to celebrate their 50th year of life as Husband and Wife, a little early.
I wanted the whole book to be elegant but not overwhelmed with lots of embellishments. So the pages are fairly clean and simple. I love the little collage on the front of the book! It was so much fun to make. I did this part while I was scrapbooking with my friend Carol (Hi Carol if you are reading my blog these days!!).
The pictures are copies of original wedding pictures. These original pictures are sadly in my mom's wedding album but the tape she used (yikes!) has all let go and many of the pictures have tape marks on them! For that reason, I am even more excited to make this book! These pictures will stay attached and not deteriate like the old book. I even copied the invitation which you can see on one of these pages.
I haven't included all the pages just a few so you can get the general idea of what the book looks like.
The book is actually made from cardboard that I cut to size and then, obviously, bound using my Bind It All.
Supplies: Paper-Simply Scrappin' Kit Today and Always {which includes the inside patterned paper, Very Vanilla, Blush Blossom, and Mellow Moss} (Stampin' Up!), front cover rose paper (Amscan), inside front cover (EK Success); Ink - True Thyme, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Versamark (all Stampin' Up!); Stamps - Together Forever, Forever Flowers (Stampin' Up!), Wedding Day, Favor It Weddings (Papertrey Ink); Other - tags are from Simply Scrappin' Kit (Stampin' Up!), Rub Ons (Deja Views), Large Brad (Makin Memories), velvet flower (Maya Road), cream flower (Bazzill), 1" circle punch (Stampin' Up!), ribbon (Stampin' Up!), sponge dauber, lace and buttons (grandma Mary's stash), pearls (K&Co.), Coluzzle, Chipboard swirl(Fancy Pants), key and heart charms (Dollar Store), hemp.
Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donelda, this is magic, gold! What a treasured sentiment.

:) Marcia
SBS4

Anonymous said...

it's wonderful Donelda !! it's a precious treasure !

Robyn said...

This is an amazing tribute to your parents. I love the simple style you have used to tell the story. What a legacy to have ....being married for 50 years!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful. Sure they will cherish it.

Alli Miles said...

What an incredible project--one to cherish for life. Thank you so much for sharing :)

AmethystCat said...

Donelda, this is wonderful! what a beautiful present to give your parents and I'm so glad you're not waiting to give it to them. You've done a wonderful job and the pictures are fabulous too!

Diane S said...

What a beautiful gift! My parents celebrated their 50th 2 years ago. It is a very special event for the whole family!

IamDerby said...

This is lovely! What an amazing gift. I wish my parents were still married so I could make them one.

Jane said...

I think this is perfect. Very elegant and perfect for the older photos. I am sure it will be well received.

Jane
SBS4

Deanna said...

Wow Donelda... just beauiful! they will love it!

Susan Raihala said...

Donelda, What an amazing project for your parents! So beautiful and a treasure they will surely love!

Kelly L said...

What a terrific gift. I love the pictures of your parents from their wedding day. I am sure they will definitely TREASURE this! I agree with keeping the embellishments subtle. You did a terrific job.