Friday, August 1, 2008

Elegant Gratitude


I had a request for a card from a co-worker. She wanted something her team could give to their supervisor to say thanks for all the nice things she does.

Here is what I ended up making. I fell in love with this Overton House Designs paper called Mint Espresso Toile (with the reverse side being Chocolate Solid) by EK Success. Even the name sounds yummy! The card was a large 6" square card (so everyone could sign it). A piece of brown cardstock for the base went with the toile. Then, it was just a matter of layering some Soft Sky, Whisper White, the Chocolate Solid and the Mint Espressso Tiole in various sizes. I tied a bow on the front to balance out the sentiment. I'm still working on bow tying and, while it is getting better, this one was not one of the best I've done. The sentiment is stamped with Close to Cocoa inside an oval also stamped with Close to Cocoa. I've added a little swirl in Soft Sky just below the word gratitude (you can barely see it in the photo) and a small rhinstone for the dot of the letter i to give it a bit of bling!

I hope the reciever enjoyed the card.

Supplies: Stamps-Beautiful Blooms, Borders & Corners {oval}, Faux Ribbon (all Papertrey Ink); Paper-brown (Bazzill), Whisper White, Soft Sky (Stampin' Up!), Overton House Designs (EK Success), Ink - Close to Cocoa, Soft Sky (Stampin' Up!); Other - white gosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!), crystal bead (Swarovski).

Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

4 comments:

AmethystCat said...

beautiful card and I agree - fabulous background paper! love the colors!

Anonymous said...

I am with you on that paper, it is gorgeous. Great card Donelda.

:)Marcia
SBS4

Suzanne said...

All I can say is Gorgeous!

Chris (catt871) said...

Gorgeous, yummy paper!!! LOVE THAT!!!!!