Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another Version of the Inchie Card!

On my last post I had shared a card made with Inchies. Well, I had actually made 2 inchie cards at the same time with different stamps.
This card is the second inchie card I made! I actually like this one better! This one uses the tree from Father Knows Best stamp set from Papertrey Ink (one of my all time favorite stamp sets!). I love the balance of the bird in the tree and the button on the hill!
In the bottom corner, I made a photo corner out of the same paper that the bird is cut from. I love trying to incorporate inchies into my cards in creative ways! As you can see, I'm a big Hero Arts fan!
Supplies: Paper-Whisper White, Basic Black (SU!), Patterned Paper (from my stash); Stamps-Father Knows Best, Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink), Build Your Own Flourish (Gel a tins), Of a Feather (Memory Box); Ink - Chocolate Chip (SU!), Broken China, Walnut Stain (Ranger Distress Inks); Other - Button (unknown), chocolate chip marker (SU!), 1" square punch, sponge, white string, green pencil crayon (Prismacolor), white acrylic paint.
I'd love to see your creations with inchies. Please share by leaving me a link!!
Thanks for dropping in.
Donelda

7 comments:

Alli Miles said...

Your card is stunning. Fabulous job with the inchies.

Kelly L said...

This is really beautiful, Donelda! It gives you that out of the window feel with just the right added softness. I love the bird popping out of the box, and the blue swishes in the wind. :) Kel

Susan Raihala said...

Wow, Donelda, I can't decide which of the inchie cards I like best! They're both so pretty!

Deanna said...

This is beautiful! Great balance! Where r u from in Nova Scotia? My email is deewoodland@gto.net

Anonymous said...

The window pane effect is one of my all time favorite techniques for inchies. Now I just need to try it for myself! Beautiful colors on a very elegant card.

Anonymous said...

Oh I do feel like I am looking out the window ... great job!

:) Marcia

Diane aka cameldiva said...

Inchies are awesome and the way you incorporate them into your cards are just perfect. Love the card, my friend!

BTW, Dena (bean88) has posted another 100 inchies in 100 days swap on SCS.... I'm just sayin' you should join :)