Friday, August 8, 2008

Loonie Stampers Challenge #4 and 2 Ketches 4 You Layout

Some talented Canadian ladies over on the Papertrey Ink Forum got together and decided to start the Loonie Stamper Challenges. "Loonie" because they are Canadian, LOL!! Today the colors were picked by Deanna and they were great colors to work with. As well, she requested that we use the set Simple Little Things, a free stamp set from Papertrey Ink for customers who had purchased at least 12 full sets of stamps in their first year of business. Well, I have the stamp set and the colors (or at least their substitutes), so I had to play.
As well, I've been lurking over at 2 Sketches 4 You, a great new blog that offers some increadible sketch challenges. But I've not actually tried a sketch yet so I decided to pull the two challenges together!! This sketch is Kazan's Sketch #6.
I decided to do the majority of my stamping on the "vintage cream" (which is actually Very Vanilla by Stampin' Up since I don't own any of the Vintage Cream by Papertrey Ink ... yet!) I chose one of the awesome starburst-like flowers in the set and stamped using Chocolate Chip Ink (and no Dark Chocolate yet, either). Although the sketch has a larger sized mat under the main panel, I chose to keep mine quite small as I didn't want to overwhelm the chocolate color with too much orange. I used a small piece of Chocolate Chip for the sentiment rectangle and stamped the sentiment with Craft Very Vanilla ink. This stuff frustrates me.... stamping with this craft vanilla ink never seems to look right to me.... practice needed perhaps??
Anyway, I added a flower that I made. You start by punching a circle, making 5 little slices into the center and then rounding off the "petals". I used my embossing stylus to shape the flower as well. You can see my Home-made Flower tutorial HERE if you are interested.
Finally, I added the Aqua Mist twill along the bottom (and yes, this is official Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist twill -- I love twill and did get some of this with my last purchase). I remembered that I also have some eyelets that match the Aqua Mist almost exactly so I pulled one out and added it to the center of the flower.
Well, I hope this card lives up to the high standards that this very talented group of ladies have set. To see the three other members of the Loonie Stampers Challenge group you need to check out Jewels, Char, and Regan - their cards ROCK!!!
Thanks for dropping in.
Donelda

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love love love orange, brown and blue together - GORGEOUS!

ohradiogirl said...

Very nice colors.

Anonymous said...

Lovely colours once together, such a pretty card.

:) Marcia

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

Hey Donelda!!! Great card, I love it!!! I really like the aqua mist twill and the matching brad, Great card! Thanks so much for playing along with us!!

Sandra Smart said...

Thank you for fixing the link! You have a wonderful blog. Your cards are beautiful.

Kathryn said...

Beautiful card -- the color combination is fabulous!!

Deanna said...

Thanks for playing girl! Gorgeous submission! Love the flower... I need to go back and print out that tutorial! I am also going to agree with your about the light craft inks on the dark cardstock... I can not get it to work either! Thanks again... gorgeous card!

Joke said...

What a lovely colourcombination.
Very nice card.

Joke

Kevin Renz said...

Great card - I wish I had that anniversary set too :(

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I love the pop of orange and green! Thanks for playing along with 2S4Y!! :)