Sunday, July 25, 2010

2 Cup Mornings

I wanted to make something with this adorable image that I recieved in my July Secret Sister package.  I love Changito with his 2 cups of coffee!  Look how his pajamas are not buttoned up properly ... if only you knew how many times I had done this!!  LOL! 

When I had my Twinkling H2O's out a few days ago to make THIS card, I decided to play a bit more with them.  I "painted" on the yummy sparkly blue Twinkling H2O onto the woodgrain background and stamped onto some white cardstock.  Today I decided to use it for a "spotlight" so I cut it out with my Coluzzle and then sponged around the edges with some Broken China distress ink. 

Next, I took some of the Broken China and smooched it onto a stamping block.  Using a watercolor brush, I picked up the ink and painted Changito's pajamas and coffee cups.  Then I used browns to paint in Changito himself.  I added a brown background stamped with the coffee cup using Versamark.  Did a bit of faux stitching to add a bit of detail.  Finally, I pulled the card together, popping Changito and the sentiment for some added demension!  I hope you can see how awesome the woodgrain background is ... all sparkly.  You can click on the picture (or right click and go to 'open') to see a larger view.  

He turned out so fun and cute I decided to enter him on the Moxie Fab World's Fun and Cute challenge.  You should play along too.  And if Fun and Cute is not your style, there is also a Clean and Graphic, Shabby and Chic, and Classy and Elegant category.  Go and have some fun!!!

Supplies: Images - Changito (not sure of actual stamp name, Stampendous), sentiment (unknown, from my Secret Sister), Warm Happiness (Papertrey Ink), Designer Woodgrain (Hero Arts); Paper - Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), Dark Chocolate, also from my secret sister (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Broken China (Ranger), Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up!), Versamark; Other - Twinkling H2O, Coluzzle, white gel pen (Signo), dimensionals, sponge.

My secret sister totally spoiled me and I will be showcasing lots of the goodies she sent me on upcoming cards!! 

I hope you all had a great weekend.
Donelda

4 comments:

Banu said...

OMG!!!! I am just falling off my chair.. This card is just stunning...You are an ARTIST!! Donelda...Beautiful.

Imke said...

Hi Donelda, this card is absolutely amazing. I like these colors together and the woodgrain background is fantastic !!

Jessica G. said...

Awesome job with a wonderful kit! Your technique is impressive, but I may be even more impressed with your scissor technique on this hilarious little guy!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Donelda! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Fun & Cute Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)