Friday, July 23, 2010

Scalloped Dots

I ha\ve seen some great cards created with Papertrey Ink's new Large Scallop Border Die.   Of course I don't have it but that never stops me!!  You should know that by now.  I just had to decide how to recreate the great look like you can see HERE by Maile Belles. 

I used the smallest dots from Polka Dot Basics II and embossed them with white powder on pink, yellow, and black cardstock.  Then, I used my 1" circle punch and punched a bunch of circles.  Then it was just a matter of lining them up carefully and glueing them down.  I love the result!!  I will be sure to be doing this again with different layouts and color combos.  But I do love this combo! 

I hope you are inspired too. 

Donelda

4 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Donelda, I love your card. I could case your card as I have the dp but do not have the die. Guess I really need to go order one. I love the different colored scallop borders and how you made this card.

Lindsey said...

I'm impressed at how perfect your faux-scalloped-die is! Great card.

Imke said...

Donelda, this is great ! I love your idea to make the scalloped border. It looks fantastic.

Jessica G. said...

I'd love to have that PTI die, too, but this is an impressive substitute! Perfect combination of striking colors, too!!