Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sympathy leaves

I created this a while ago for a friend. The leaf in this particular set is astounding (First Fruits, Papertrey Ink). I did the rock and roll technique on them with Summer Sunrise ink in the middle and Spring Moss ink (both Papertrey Ink) around the edge. The sentiment is from the Birds of a Feather set (Papertrey ink) which I think is so elegant. Finally, I added these swirls to the Summer Sunrise background, a bit of brown matting, and a few brads!!!
Thanks for dropping in.
Donelda

3 comments:

Juanita said...

That is a super image, you are right. That is the first PTI set that really caught my eye and made me consider 'other' stamp companies.
Great layout and colors on this card. Not too busy, but not to cliche either.

Susan Raihala said...

Oh, that leaf is perfect for a sympathy card! Love the layout here, and you're right about the sympathy sentiment from BoaF...very elegant. I keep forgetting about it. Thanks for reminding me.

Steph said...

This is beautiful. I love the colour comboe and stamping.