Thursday, January 28, 2010

Enjoy Life - KLSNS Challenge #14

Over at KL Stampin N Scrapin the latest challenge is to use Nestabilities, Punches, or Dies. Well, that's an easy one for sure!! I reached into the container where I keep bits and pieces and found this Lable 1 Nestability that I had cut from a sheet of cardstock that had been "played" with!! Look at those yummy colors ... reds, greens, and blue and a watercolor masterpiece!
I knew that some silhouette flowers would look great on top of all those bright colors. I decided to make a small note card which measures 5" x 3 1/2". I took Kristina Werner's advice that black card bases can look "flat" so I added some background with clear embossing.
A ribbon, some dimensionals, and rounded corners and the card was complete.
Supplies: Stamps - Life, Giga Guide Lines (both Papertrey Ink); Paper - Basic Black, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Ink - Jet Black (Ranger), can't remember if the watercolored look is made with classic SU ink refills or alcohol inks by Ranger - it is on regular cardstock with makes me think it is refills; Other - Fresh Snow satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink), clear embossing powder (Stampin' Up!), corner chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Lables 1 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), dimensionals.
I'm hopping on over to the KLSNS site to see who else has entered the challenge this week! See you there.
Thanks for dropping in! Enjoy your day!
Donelda

4 comments:

Juanita said...

Wow, I love your scraps.
This card is breathtaking.

Kathleen (KJF) said...

This is an extremely elegant card. Thank you for sharing.

baby crib said...

What an elegant card! I like the colors that were used! Nice thing you shared. Great inspiration.

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful card, Donelda! The Nestie Label looks just like a gorgeous sunset with those colors and the silhouetted flowers. Thanks for the tip on how to pump up flat black backgrounds, too!!