Saturday, January 23, 2010

BasicGrey Challenge - Late

On the Basic Grey blog, the last challenge was an inspiration challenge using this photo. I love the colors and there are all kinds of things that peaked my interest. The striped chair on the right was awesome, and so was that wall paper on the back wall, I was even simply interested in the various shades of blues and greys. However, what won out was that arrangement of 3 square decorative pieces on the left grey wall!!
I used my Flourishes inchie stamps (Inkadinkado) and stamped 2 of the images onto Kazoo Blue paper from the Cupcake collection (BasicGrey) with Versamark ink. Then I heat embossed it with white. I cut them out and popped them up with dimensionals onto more Kazoo Blue paper. I added this to some Going Grey cardstock (Stampin' Up!) which was matted
onto a white card base. I finished the card off by drawing a rectangle around the focal image with my white gel pen (Signo).
Of course, I am too late to enter this into the actual contest because the closing date was yesterday!! Sheesh!!
I will likely be back with more posts today and tomorrow since hubby is working this weekend and it is a cold and snowy day -- great day for creating!!
Donelda

2 comments:

Juanita said...

how elegant. this may be my all time favorite card. this is just so classy and refined.
You knocked it out of the ball park with this card.

Jessica G. said...

The definition of elegance! This would be another excellent masculine card, too!!