Sunday, January 10, 2010

CAS 49 - Cut it Out - Finest Flourishes

The Clean and Simple challenge #49 tonight was to Cut it Out! Well, I've had this flourish made from moulding paste sitting in my scrap bin for a very long time and decided I would "cut it out" and use it on a small 3x3 guft card.
The molding paste was colored with acrylic paint and then smeared into the Finest Flourishes stencil template sold by Stampin' Up! (although I suspect it is retired by now). The texture is awesome as you can see in this close up photo.
I adhered it with dimensionals and added the sentiment with Close to Cocoa ink (SU!). The sentiment is from the Rustic Branches set (Papertrey Ink).
A quick little Clean and Simple card. Off to see what the DT created and any other inspirational ideas on the CAS49 thread.
Donelda

5 comments:

Juanita said...

*GASP* This is stunning.
You are constantly making things from stuff laying around on your craft table. I am so glad you keep everything!
Thanks for sharing.

Susan Raihala said...

WOW! Molding paste! How beautiful! This card is fab!

Deb (dcorder) said...

Molding paste? That's a new one for me but the results are stunning!!!

Kathleen (KJF) said...

Very elegant!

Jessica G. said...

Wow -- the 3-d effect of the molding paste on this flourish is stunning!!