My blog is a place for me to share my crafting ideas. Join me as I craft on a budget!
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Creating with Scraps - Day 5
Here goes another 4 cards created from my scraps:
It's funny how I can remember where certain pieces come from. This was a first attempt at a challenge issued by Susan R on her blog. Can't remember what the challenge was ... maybe to use this color of purple. Yeah, I think she referred to it as Pixie Puke (actually Orchid Opulence from Stampin' Up!). LOL!! The rhinstones were even already on this one and it was already stamped with the sentiment. I just had to add the black strip of scrap and attach it to a card!
I don't remember why I had these circles stamped, but liked the colors together! They come from the Simple Little Things set (Papertrey Ink), which I also happened to have in my stash along with my PTI inks, so I had stamped a 3rd circle but didn't end up using it in the end! Oh well, just added it to my stash (used some, created some !!). Another cheat on this card though .. the Bitty Dot paper (Ocean Tides from PTI) was sneaked out and added to the card. The sentiment piece was in my stash happy to be used!!
More pieces of scrap used! This card started with the oval. It is a piece of chipboard that I had added the greens and white inks to. I remember creating it based on a great card I saw on line but my oval didn't meet my standards then so was added to my scrap bin. On this card, it worked perfectly as a spot for my transparent butterfly to land. This butterfly has also been in my scrap bin for a while. It has that same Aqua Mist look alike paint added to the back sides of the wings (paint I created before I had PTI inks). The half die has been around for a shorter time. It is a piece of glossy cardstock that had been heat embossed with polka dots. I took some of my PTI inks that matched the butterfly and oval and sponged on some ink to reveal the white dots. Even that strip of ribbon was in the stash I was using. A bit of versamark stamping on the back and black rhinstones (to create a visual triangle of black) were used since they were in the stash of bling I had added to the stash.
Now this is a funny little card! This little cat is a die that my son bought me for Christmas a few years ago. I actually find the die a bit difficult to use as the face is embossed on it but hard to see once it is added to a card. I stamped it with text background (PTI) and sponged around the edge with some brown ink. The background is a piece of tissue paper background I had created more than 5 years ago ... good to finally use it up! The 2 green pieces are scraps with the lighter being more of the PTI packaging I had kept. Even the sun is a yellow circle from my stash and the sentiment was already sitting there waiting to be used. That means there are 6 pieces of scrap used here on this card. I think that makes it okay for a cheat ... I had not put any googly eyes in my stash but snuck them in for the kitty's eyes!!
Well, this was an interesting 4 cards. What will the next 4 look like .. stay tuned to see....