Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Creating with Scraps - Day 3

Okay, so on to another 4 cards created with only the scraps and a few other items I collected. 

This bucket and it's apples have been water colored and sitting in my scrap bin for ages.  I don't even own this stamp set but had stamped off a few of the images from my SU! demo in the days I used to take a class from her.  The white background had also been sitting in my scrap bin - it has score lines in it but they are hard to see in the picture.  I had taken a piece of black scrap and the pinking scissors I had added to the tools to take and created the little thing strip for the bucket to sit on.  See that blue, grey and white section - that is a piece of KI packaging I have had forever.  It was just too pretty to throw away and I knew I would be able to put it to good use.  It is actually only half - I cut it lengthwise.  You will see the other half on some other card in the future as I was unable to throw it away!!  LOL!!  A few tiny square buttons that were in the button container I had added to the stash! 

I had colored this stamped flower (from SU!) with my Twinkling H2Os a while ago.  It started out on a longer white piece of cardstock with an orangish ribbon tied below the flower but I cut it into a square and matted it onto the black cardstock scrap instead.  Both the scallop and green border and the green with white image strip were scraps in my bin.  They both just worked so well together.  The green ribbon was one more 'cheat' as it was not part of the original stash.  I just needed something to add some dimension and had nothing in the stash that would work this time.  Still, the card does use up 4 pieces of scrap in all!! 

This card started out with a desire to use up that white with green glitter piece.  I had used a sticker sheet of leaves by Judikins where you peel off the transparent sheet and then just dump the glitter on!  It is so sparkly in real life.  So the larger piece I used on a card a long time ago but I had this little square left and couldn't bare to toss it.  So I added a strip of purple (scrap), the tag (in my pre cut scrap pile) and the glittery butterfly (which I made ages ago and have yet to use).  Notice the purple fiber.  I didn't have anything with me that would work but I did have some 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.  It was too think so I cut it apart until I had a frayed piece that I liked.  A few of the other stamp sets I had included in my 'stash' was the Mixed Messages set from Papertrey Ink (which was essential) and the Background Basics: Retro (also PTI) which is one of my all time favorite background sets from them that I own!! 

This black center piece is old!!  The leaves are from Beatiful Blooms (one of the original Papertrey Ink sets) and they are stamped with paint that I had tinted to match the Aqua Mist color because I did not have any ink yet at that time!  (Kinda shows how old it is).  I see it is updated because it had been sitting in my scrap bin already cut using the Labels 1 (Spellbinders) die.  Luckly I happened to also have these 3 circles in my scrap bin that were Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink).  I used the Turning a New Leaf stamp set to add some black leaves to the card base. 

So there you go, 4 more cards created only from my scraps and the few other supplies I had gathered together.  And only one cheat in this batch!  Pretty good I'd say :-)

See you tomorrow for another 4 cards!


Linda Palmer said...

These are all very pretty and all have fabulous layouts. Love them all but the B&W final card is my fav.

Lindsey said...

I am starting to think you have more scraps than me. :P Another fabulous set of cards!