Thursday, January 13, 2011

Love Tag

I bet I made this tag more than 2 years ago!  It has sat, unused, in my bin of scrap items.  It has been patient!!  And finally, it belongs to a card which will likely get used this Valentines day.  (Note that I have edited the photo again, the original I had here was too yellow and the true colors were hard to see, this is much better.  Thank you for being patient with my lighting issues!)

The tag was made by stamping the branches and leaves (branch from Take a Bough and leaves from Beautiful Blooms - both Papertrey Ink) and then embossing them with clear embossing powder.  Then, the tag was sponged with Broken China ink (Ranger).  The hearts were cut from red cardstock and a small highlight of white added with my gel pen (Signo).  The Love sentiment is from Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink) and popped up with dimensionals. 

The tag was added to the card by adhering the 3 strips of color (green, brown, and red) directly onto the card.  Then the tag was added with dimensions.  A bit of doodling around the edge of the card finishes it off.  


Enjoy.
Donelda

7 comments:

Juanita said...

I had just assumed that the paper was DSP and simply cut & inked.
You do the most amazing things to paper!

Banu said...

Stunning!!!!! Wow..really neat. Loved it.

Heather T said...

Gorgeous tag, Donelda, now featured on a lovely card.

Linda Palmer said...

Gorgeous tag. I also thought it was dp when I first looked. Beautiful job.

Lindsey said...

I like this! And I like when something I've put aside suddenly finds its creative home. :)

Deb (dcorder) said...

Awesome tag! I love that you did something with it. Mine just sit in a box collecting dust. :)

Imke said...

Donelda, your tag is awesome and i like how you´ve used it. It looks great on the card.