Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Spread Your Purple Wings

I have one package of 8x8 Memory Box paper (aerial) ... and I love it ... I hoard it (snort, like you didn't know that). 

So, as I try to use up my "scraps" I realized that I have a bunch of small strips of this memory box paper that I can't throw away (it's a sickness!).  So, I decided to use it to create an interesting border along the bottom of this card. I also used a piece to cut the scallop border along the bottom of the solid piece of dp. 

The bird is stamped with Lavender ink (SU!) and comes from the old Carte Postale stamp set. It is actually stamped onto another piece of this Memory Box paper ... makes the whole card go together well!!   The sentiment is from Birds of a Feather set (Papertrey Ink). 

Okay, so tell the truth ... do you suffer from this sickness as well???  Can you not bare to throw away the tiniest piece of designer paper????   LOL!!! !

Donelda

4 comments:

Juanita said...

I have stopped buying DP, because it was just sitting there, pack upon pack pf beautiful patterns that never got touched.

Kathy said...

Really pretty and creative way to use those scraps up. It is hard to throw away those pretty little pieces! Love these soft colors, too, beautiful creation.

Lindsey said...

It's not a sickness, it's inspiration waiting to happen! And maybe someday I'll have little saved strips that actually GO together! In the meantime, I'll just admire your lovely card.

Linda Palmer said...

I have this same dp and have never dipped into it yet. I am hoarding too. This card is beautiful! I love it.