Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Circle Tree

Here is a card I made with this GREAT tree image form Unity Stamps.  I got it from my Secret Sister (Hi Banu!!) in a swap we were in.  Isn't it the best tree image!! 

I stared out by stamping the plaid using Background Basics: Retro (Papertrey Ink).  Then, I inked up the tree using my SU! markers.  When I stamped them on you could still see the white lines.  The look is so cool!!  I added the sentiment the same set (A Little Buggy, Unity Stamps)), very funky and goes perfectly with that tree.  I did add the word 'birthday' from a Papertrey Ink set (Birthday Basics). 

One little note....see the base of the tree...there is a bit of a shadow.  It grounds the tree.  When I pushed the stamps out of the full sheet they came on, there was lots of "left over" waste rubber that was attached to the foam mounting.  I couldn't just throw it out so I made a "shadow" stamp with it!! 

Thanks for dropping into my little piece of the blogging world!! 
Donelda

4 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

I've missed seeing all your great designs. Love this one and love that sentiment.

Banu said...

ooh!! Donelda...Awesome card. Loved the design and how the white stripes of the patterned paper shows through the stamped image. I am loving what you have done with this stamp set. It was such an awesome pleasure to have a creative stamper like you as my SS....:D

Imke said...

Donelda, your card is really awesome. I like the colors and the white lines and the Tree is really lovely. Very pretty !!

Anonymous said...

oh girl, I think this one is fab!! Love the image on the dp!