Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Clean and Simple for Caardvarks

Over at Caardvarks the latest challenge is to create Clean and Simple (CAS) cards.  I love making CAS cards as many of you know. 

This first card has been in the making for a few years.  See this alien guy ... I stole him was given to me by my son.  It was in a package of sticky backed foam images that he had received for a birthday gift.  I just knew this alien would be a perfect focal image for a teen boy's birthday card.  Last night I sat down and pulled the card together!  I love how he is making the peace sign!!!   The sentiment is a combo of the birthday greeting (Birthday Basics, Papertrey Ink) and letters (Fresh Alphabet - Papertrey Ink).  It is heat embossed onot the black cardstock in white so it stands out!!




This second card is created using Hero Arts stamps (since they are sponsering this challenge!).  I used the small flower in the Asian Frames set for the main image along the bottom.  Such a fun color combo - tempting turquoise (Stampin' Up!), Scarlet Jewel, Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink) and white. 

The sentiment (Hero Arts) is heat embossed in white.  A simple and fun card to send to a friend. 

I noticed that all of the design team member's made CAS Christmas cards.  I read and re-read the challenge and no where did I see that the CAS card had to be a Christmas variety so I hope these cards are okay! 

Hope you had a very good day today!  My day was busy and I have a pretty big meeting going on tomorrow.  I'm almost asleep here on the couch!  I should head to bed early tonigh!! 

Donelda

3 comments:

Pam said...

Nice cards! The alien is too cute!

Linda Palmer said...

Such cute cards. Love the alien. I am glad to be back in the swing of reading blogs. Trying to catch up. I've missed your creations.

Imke said...

Donelda, both cards are great CAS. You know, i like that style. But the first with the alien is really FUN ! This little alien is too cute !