Monday, February 8, 2010

Paint By Number Sketch - Kissed Leaf

So on Nichole Heady's blog this morning, she announced that PTI is going to start selling acrylic paint! Wow, they just keep coming out with more and more exciting news! I can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of the week.

To celebrate this latest news, Nichole has a Paint By Number Sketch challenge. Above is the sketch and you had to choose the color combo assigned to the first letter of your online username. Well, since I go by Wiggydl I get to use the last color combo. I was very glad because I love these blues together!! I decided to pull out my brand new Turning a New Leaf set.
I inked up this particular leaf with the Aqua Mist ink and then 'kissed' the smallest dots from my other new set Polka Dot Basics II. I think it turned out great and will defiantely be giving that one another try again!! You can click on this smaller image to get a closer view if you want to see it better. I finished off the card with the sentiment from the Life set, which I cut out similarly to the leaf for some repetition. Playing along with all the great PTI challenges have been great!
Donelda

3 comments:

Deb (dcorder) said...

OH, I thought that looked like such a fun challenge! I'm thinking of playing along too! :D I love your card!

Susan Raihala said...

You got the colors I wanted. Almost considered changing my screen name to get them! Love your card, and the cutting out is beautiful!

Juanita said...

I love what you have created here. Simpley fabulous.