Saturday, February 13, 2010

Flower Embellishments - Papertrey Ink

The latest contest over on Nichole Heady's blog is to create FLOWER embellishments!!
I've enjoyed making embellishment for a long time. In fact, I have a bunch of different items all packaged up and had hoped to sell them to some of the local card makers.
For these embellishments, I stamped the double circle background stamp from Background Basics: Retro (Papertrey Ink) with Chocolate Chip Ink (Stampin' Up!) onto Kraft (Papertrey Ink) cardstock. Then I cut out some flowers using largest from the Flower Cuttlebug Dies (Provo Craft). I sponged around each of the flowers with more Chocolate Chip ink. Next, I took various colors of Bitty Dot Basics 2008 (Papertrey Ink) and cut out the smallest of the flower dies. From top to bottom the colors are: Lavendar Moon, Ocean Tides, Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sun, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, and Spring Moss. Finally, I used floss (DCM) and stitched some Dark Chocolate Vintage Buttons (Papertrey Ink) onto the centers.
I stuck them all on a piece of transpareny with some mini glue dots. They can now be given away to a friend, someone might want to buy them, or more likely, I'll use them on some cards LOL!!!
This was a TON of fun. I can't wait to see what everyone else created!!
Donelda

4 comments:

Lisa said...

These are fabulous! I love the colour switchup on each of them. I also think I might have to go add some Dark Chocolate buttons to my cart for tomorrow night!! Great job with this challenge!

Anonymous said...

These would be great for a candy treat bag. They make me think of chocolate. Smiles, JLV

Susan Raihala said...

FUN!!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE these fun flowers!