Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gratitude Wheat

I think this is an appropriate card to post on Rememberance day. A true thanks to all those who fought and gave their lives so that we can live freely!! While many chose not to honor this special day, I do not forget, I choose to remember because it is so important. We never want to go through war like that again. I had realized that while I have had this Papertrey Ink stamp set for a while, I've yet to ink up and use this stamp. Don't you love it?? I do!! It was designed with Becky Ohlers, one of the Design Team members. The brown twine inside the wheat is actually a seperate stamp so you can use whatever color you need to match your card. Alternately, you can include a sentement in the place of the twine, as you can see HERE. I chose to use the twine and added the sentiment overtop of the wheat. Supplies: Stamps-First Fruits (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); Other - nothing...just ink and paper!! So there's a real Clean and Simple card for you. Sometimes when one really works, it really works!!! Thanks for dropping in! Donelda

3 comments:

Juanita said...

What a fabulous card.
I had a blurb about remembering on Remembrance day also. Our family is off to the central ceremony right now.

Deb (dcorder) said...

I was looking at this set just this week thinking I should do some Thanksgiving cards. I love the CAS feel of the wheat!

Susan Raihala said...

Oh, your sentiment placement is brilliant! What a lovely OLC.