Saturday, November 7, 2009

Daring Cardmakers - Kraft

I don't usually get to play with the Daring Cardmakers challenges but I saw that this weeks challenge was to use Kraft ... and since I love Kraft so much, I decided to play.
I happened to be searching through Vicky's blog (aka Dolly - not sure which is her real name), she's the newest guest designer, and I saw THIS card....wow, how cute is that. I decided I would use it for inspiation for my card.
And, I did not use Kraft cardstock, but rather a Kraft file folder!!! I love the color, it is a bit warmer than the cardstock sold through Stampin' Up!
I created a card base and then stamped on this Fat Cat (All Night Media). Then I used some small stamps from Cats GAlore (Inkakinkado) to create a border on a seperate piece of the kraft file folder. I cut it and added some heavy black lines using a black marker. Next up, a word bubble with my sentiment in it that is hand drawn, stamped, cut out, and adhered to the card with dimensionals. The 'meow' is from the Cats Galore set and the 'happy birthday' are from Birthday Basics (Papertrey Ink).
Finally, I colored in my cat and the little images with my pencil crayons (Prismacolor). I love, love, love coloring on Kraft cardstock!!!!
Now I am anxious to go see what everyone else does with Kraft Cardstock.....off to take a peek!!
Thanks for dropping in!
Donelda

7 comments:

Rika said...

Very nice card Donelda!

Kathy said...

This is so cute and the Kraft works really well with those colours

Lynda said...

Absolutely beautiful and I love the cat! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

Lynda xxx

Juanita said...

Great job on getting "krafty"

Vicky said...

That cat is so cute. So pleased that my card inspired you. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers, hope to see you again. :)x

Godelieve said...

Great card! Love the stamped border a lot! Coloring on kraft looks beautiful, and is fun to do :)

Jessica G. said...

What a fun way to repurpose a file folder! And the prismas look beautiful on this kraft kitty!!