Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas 09 - Candle and Background

Note: This is my second post for today - this and the earlier post are an early edition of my "Christmas Card Reveal Countdown". Tomorrow I will be officially starting my Christmas Card Reveal Countdown - 21 days straight of Christmas cards. You see, I've been busy making many cards (well over 100) but I just haven't been posting them...because I get tired of looking at just Christmas cards for the 3 months leading up to Christmas. So, instead, I've decided to save most of them to post during the month of December!! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did making them and giving them away!! This is one of my favorite Christmas cards that I've made this year!! See the background on the Kraft cardstock ... I made that with the Christmas image from the smARTworks set called Addy Keepers. I stamped it randomly on the Kraft cardstock using Close to Cocoa ink. I got the idea from THIS card by Dawn McVey. The candle was colored in using my watercolor crayons and my aqua brush. Supplies: Stamps - Candle Joy, Addy Keeper (smARTworkers); Paper - Whisper White, Kraft, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!), Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate Bitty Dots (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); Other - watercolor crayons (Stampin' Up!), white grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!), corner rounder, dimensionals. I am glad you dropped in!! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about that crazy background!! :-) And don't forget that this is only 1 of 2 posts for today...make sure you scroll down to see my other extra early Christmas card post. And enjoy the next 21 days of Christmas!!! Donelda

1 comment:

Susan Raihala said...

Fab! Love the color combo, too!