Sunday, July 13, 2008

Name Frame for Karis



Hello everyone! We are back from our holiday and we had a wonderful trip!! Earlier today I was able to visit the stamping ladies at the Operation Olds, a group of SCS friends that got together for the weekend. It was great seeing some friends and meeting some new ladies! Seeing all the great things they were creating made me want to rush home and start creating myself.


I started out with this - another name frame. This is the 3rd of 4 siblings, my neices and nephews, that I've made frames for. This is my neice and she is such a girly girl that I decided to use lots of flowers for her frame. You can see the other 2 frames I've already made HERE and HERE.


Just a note, I do not have permission to publish any of their pictures on my blog so I feel it is only appropriate to block them out!! It is too bad because these kids are georgous!!


While the turquoise flowers are purchased, the light and dark purple flowers are all punched and then made into "faux prima's" using my embossing stylus and soft pad. Inside each of the purple flowers is a turquoise rhinstone and a clear rhinstone in each of the turquoise flowers. You might notice the purple flower there for the dot of the i ....well, inside that flower is something a little special.... a small flower jewel by Heidi Swapp -- the cutest! You can always click on the picture to see a close up.


Supplies: Stamps - none :-); Ink - Lavender Lace (SU!); Paper - patterned paper is Creative Imaginations, Eggplant Elegance, Orchid Opulance (SU!); Other - flower punch (EK Success), flower rhinstone (heidi swapp), turquoise and clear rhinstones (unknown); white gel pen (Signo), black marker (Zig), Coluzzle (Su!), turquoise flower (unknown), Metal confetti (Making Memories), embossing stylus (unknown), soft craft pad (SU!).
Well, I hope that Karis likes her frame! Wouldn't it look good on the door of her bedroom :-) And it was so much fun making a girly project!! Drop in tomorrow to see the card I made to go with this frame.
Thanks for visiting. It is good to be back creating!
Donelda

3 comments:

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Hey, welcome back. Glad you had a blast. The colours in this frame are beautiful.

Kelly L said...

Lovely colors, pretty polka dots, and I really like the little jewels in each of the flowers. I am sure she will LOVE it! :D Kelly

AmethystCat said...

Welcome back and glad it was a good trip. beautiful job on the frame!