Thursday, July 31, 2008

Faux Jenni Bowlin Ticket


So, I have really enjoyed checking out all the blogs of those who were lucky enough to attend CHA!! I love to see all the new stuff coming out in the scrapbooking and stamping world!! However, these items take "forever" to get to the few stores near me (if ever) and I try to not buy on-line!! So, when I saw the cute new tickets being released by Jenni Bowlin, I knew I had to try making my own!!


It was actually easy. Using my Tim Holtz ruler and my Ruby Red marker, I drew in the lines. Added a heard and some numbers. This sentiment from Alli Miles' Wedding Day stamp set fit into the ticket perfectly!!


As well, I actually used one of my Maya Road velvet flowers!! I find them so hard to use because they are so pretty!! But I am determined to break my hoarding habit!! So there is one on this card, along with some of the buttons from Great Grandma Mary's stash of buttons she had collected over the years. A bit of scrap ribbon and linen thrad and the whole card pulled together easily!


Julia challenged us this morning on the Ways to Use It Challenge #177 to use scraps on our card! Well, I've been totally into using up my scraps these days so I was totally "in the zone" to do a scrappy card. This entire card is made from my scraps (even the base LOL). I've got about 5 other "scrap" cards made too!! It's actually been fun pulling out some of these bits and pieces and pulling them together!!
Supplies: Stamps-Wedding Day (Papertrey Ink), heart (Rhonna Farrer); Paper-Whisper White, Ruby Red, Basic Black (all Stampin' Up!), polka dots (Making Memories); Ink-Basic Black, Ruby Red (Stampin' Up!); Other-black velvet flower (Maya Road), adheasive pearl (K&Co.), ribbon (Michaels), ticket corner punch (Stampin' Up!), linen thread (Stampin' Up!), floss (DMC), buttons (Great Grandma Mary's button stash), Ruby Red marker (Stampin' Up!), ruler (Tim Holtz).

Thanks for visiting!
Donelda

7 comments:

AmethystCat said...

it is hard not to hoard, isn't it? But, we bought stuff to use so why can't we? I'm right there with ya! Great card!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE YOUR TICKET CREATION DONELDA! IT LOOKS AWESOME.IM LOVING LOTS OF THE NEW CHA STUFF & HOPING MY LSS DOESNT ALL GET IT IN AT ONCE!!...LOL

Anonymous said...

Love the card and how you did the ticket. Could you please share the card, layers, and ticket dimensions. Sometimes hard to tell online. This is just in "case" we want to case. If that's ok with you.

Anonymous said...

Great work there Donelda, love your ticket.

I think all crafters are hoarders, isn't it part of the 20 year plan?

:)Marcia
SBS4

Diane aka cameldiva said...

You've been really busy, Donelda..Your faux ticket card is vey cute. So is the Christmas one. Can't wait to see you pimping your inchies ;)

Chris (catt871) said...

I'm a hoarder too!! This card is great...I love the ticket!! What a cool idea!!

Kelly L said...

Wow, Donelda this card is GORGEOUS! I love the velvet rose, and how ingenious of you to create your own faux ticket! GREAT idea. :) Kel